Thursday, July 25, 2013

My best friend today


My foam roller is my best friend today. Too much running makes for a sore leg. It is a good sore, but still, I busted out my foam roller this morning after my run. I love this thing! I am trying to get back into some sort of routine. My older children stayed with the cousins for a week and a half and I did not run the entire time they were gone. Baby girl needs her big sister if mama is going to run. They have been back for a couple of weeks and I just started running again this week. I am feeling great! A little sore, but great.

It's pretty pathetic that running two days in a row is too much running at this point. I suppose that is what I get for being lazy the last month. While I am tempted to take tomorrow off, I am going to push through and walk a couple of miles. The walking will be good for my sore muscles, and it will also be good for the exercise habit I am determined to form. It is so easy for me to make excuses for not exercising. I was up all night with a teething baby. I'm too tired. My body is sore. I have dishes to do. I have homework to do. I just don't want to. I could make excuses all day, but the reality is, I feel so much better after I run. Running is both physically and emotionally vital to my health. I am a fairly new runner. I started a couple of years ago, got injured, started running again, got pregnant, started running again, got injured, started running again, got lazy, and here I am- starting running again.

I will write another post another day about how running changed my life that first year. I lost 60 pounds and began to believe I could do anything I set my mind to. Now, after having a baby and the subsequent weight gain from nursing said baby, I am up 30 pounds from that 60 pound weight loss. I have another 60 pounds or so to go until I am at my goal weight. I know I can do it by making healthy choices. No dieting. Just exercise, and good food choices (most of the time). I still love my pasta, bread, and chocolate! The important thing is I want to feel healthy. I am doing this because I love myself and because I deserve to feel well and whole, both physically and emotionally.

Running is good for my soul, as well as my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment